Leveling up Runecrafting to 99 is quite challenging (or tedious, boring, and unnecessarily time-consuming, depending on who you ask). Despite this troublesome leveling process, it’s worth the effort as one of the best moneymaking Skills in OSRS.
This great OSRS Gold-making potential comes from crafting double the amount of Runes from a single essence – which unlocks for different runes at certain level thresholds. The ability opens up an alternative leveling route that may be even slower but still very profitable.
Level Up Your Agility
Before you can train Runecrafting, realize that in this OSRS training requires to run. This means that to level up your Runecrafting more efficiently, it is advantageous to have a higher Agility level – as this allows you to get 99 in both at the same time!
Level Up Your Combat Skills
Combat is a must-have skill for any avid Runecrafter. You won’t be able to train efficiently without it! In addition, combat will help you obtain Runecrafting Pouches which are an essential tool when training in the abyss and other hostile environments.
Get These OSRS Items For Runecrafting Training
Items you need when training Runecrafting in Old School RuneScape.
- Rune Poaches. Rune pouches are the most important items in a runecrafter’s arsenal. They halve your training time and make it possible to get from 1-99 twice as quickly, allowing you enough storage for more runes per crafting session.
- Weight-Reducing Gear. A lot of weight-reducing gear can really help out in the long run. Make sure to pack a few items that will maximize your effort and minimize energy drainage on those all-important runs!
- Rune Essence or Pure Essence. If you’re planning on using higher-leveled runes, make sure to mine a lot of rune essence and pure essences beforehand. However, if that’s not possible for some reason, it is also available in the Grand Exchange.
- Ring of Dueling. Once you have crafted your fire or lava runes, it is important to know that this item can be used for teleporting back to the Duel Arena. It also has other uses such as banking at Castle Wars and more.
- Stamina Potions. These potions allow you to be more productive when harvesting runes with Runecrafting, allowing for faster and easier completion of your tasks.
- Pickaxe. I found the fastest way to get through using an Abyss method is with a pickaxe. You don’t necessarily need one of those fancy, expensive ones either and the Black Pickaxe just happens to be the lightest.
- Dramen Staff. In order to use the Fairy Ring teleport system, you need a Dramen Staff. But just carrying it in your inventory isn’t enough, if only because that’s not very efficient. If you want this teleportation device at hand and ready for quick usage then make sure to wield it instead